In this post:
- What is a Myria Node?
- What system do I need to run a node?
- Myria Node operating requirements
- Myria Node Distribution
- How to buy a Myria node?
1. What is a Myria Node?
Myria nodes underpin Myria’s ecosystem. Each node contributes to the ecosystem's growth by providing functions necessary to run a decentralized and secure layer 2 network. Myria nodes are responsible for the circulation of MYRIA and other in game tokens into the market. There will only ever be 40,000 Myria nodes. Myria node operators will be contributing to the growth of the Myria ecosystem. For those who operate the node to the daily requirement, they will be rewarded with daily Myria distribution. Learn more about Myria reward distribution here.
Myria node operators contribute to the scaling of future digital asset ownership. Nodes will be used for various activities, including:
- Initial network tests
- Decentralized data storage
- Oracles, which are data feeds that provide smart contracts with off-chain data
2. What system do I need to run a node?
Myria Nodes currently support the following:
- Windows 10
- MacOS 10.10 or above
- Ubuntu Linux 20.04
3. Myria Node Operating Specifications
Myria Node operation is not heavily resource-intensive. You’ll be able to run our Node software from your home computer with the following minimum requirements:
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 CPU Cores
- 60 GB Disk Space
- An x86/X64 Processor
- A Stable Internet Connection
If you have an unstable internet connection, the best solution is to use a VPS (Virtual Private Server), which is a virtual computer that can be rented for a monthly price, and can be configured to operate just as a physical computer would. Some examples of VPS providers include Vultr or Digital Ocean.
4. Myria Node Operating Requirements
Myria Node operators must operate their nodes for 6 hours a day in order to receive their Myria node distribution points. See below for more detail.
5. Myria Node Distribution
Myria node operators who run their nodes for the minimum required time period in each cycle will receive:
- Daily $MYRIA distributions. Distribution works on the basis of a point system. Learn more about Myia node distribution here.
- Random drop of exclusive NFTs that can be used in Myria ecosystem of games. Note: NFT items are a bonus reward, not the main incentive.
- Governance rights
6. How to buy a Myria Node?
To purchase a Myria Node, head to https://myria.com/nodes/
⚠️ Myria Node is not an investment. Ownership of a Myria Node or the use of Myria services does not represent or constitute any ownership right or stake, share or security, debt or equivalent right, or any right to receive any future revenue or form of participation in or relating to any blockchain or digital reward, including Myria Reward.